Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Why does driving in traffic make me so tired?!?

So, it's 4pm. I get to go home soon. Yay!

But all I can think about is how tired I'm going to be when I get home.

Am I tired now? Nope. How do I know I'll be tired when I get home?

Because I'm ALWAYS tired when I get home.

Sitting in traffic sucks.

So, I begin to question - why does driving make me so tired?

I Google it. Ah, Google. What did I do before you?

(As my friend Casey knows, the second I have a question I immediately Google it. Anything. I hate not knowing.)

Some theories:
- You are completely concentrating and that can tire you out
- There's not fresh air in the car
- You are working all kinds of muscles, not just sitting

These seem like plausible theories to me. So I'm going to go with all three as my answer.

And now you can too.


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking at all that traffic and thinking exhaust fumes are heavier than standard oxygenated air. Just a theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good theory at that!

    Maybe the fumes are slowly poisoning me. That I'm actually pretty sure of.

    ReplyDelete