Monday, March 11, 2013

Squirrel Day!!!

Squirrel Day is my favorite time of year besides Christmas.

What is Squirrel Day, you ask? Well, I will tell you.

I hate Easter. I think it's the dumbest holiday in the entire world.

Well, about a million years ago an old friend of mine took my anger at Easter and turned it into (you guessed it!) Squirrel Day.

Squirrel Day rules are as follows:

1. Find a squirrel present. It can be anything. A key chain, a child's toy, a set of sheets. The only requirement is that it has a squirrel somewhere on it.

2. Find a card with a squirrel on it. It can be anything. A Father's Day card, a birthday card, an invitation. The only requirement is that it has a squirrel somewhere on it.

3. You get bonus points for finding wrapping paper with a squirrel on it. It can't be made. It has to be wrapping paper. Or a bag will work. Some kind of traditional wrapping. So far no one has succeeded at this.


It has been a very long time since I have found people who want to participate in Squirrel Day with me. But this year my husband has agreed. I can't wait!

Last year I had some participants who ended up sucking pretty badly and forgetting all about it. I had gotten everything ready and they blew it. But this year, this year is going to be rad.

So, if you'd like to join in on my Squirrel Day or get advice on how to do your own, just let me know!

I think after this year I might give it its own date. It's big time now.

Happy Squirrel Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm insane? Really? (P.S. Squirrel Day sounds secretly awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. It's not secretly awesome. It's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete