Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Leggings are not pants

Seriously. They aren't.

It's never okay.



I don't care how fat or skinny you are, they are not pants. I'm sorry if you like to wear leggings as pants and you are offended. I'm offended that I constantly have to see your ass.

If your shirt or dress or whatever does not completely cover your butt, please put on real pants.

It's like wearing tights and being done with it.

It used to be that people would wear leggings with long shirts or dresses. Then it moved up to people wearing them when with things that almost covered their asses.

Then today I see someone - AT WORK - wearing a regular length shirt and leggings. Complete ass exposure.

It's not okay. It's not. I don't know when this became acceptable.

I don't know if you people who wear leggings know this but THEY ARE NOT MUCH THICKER THAN TIGHTS.

I swear to god. Normally I can skin through them.

No one, I repeat, no one wants to see your ass.



I promise in a few years you're going to look back on this and think "WHY did I wear that?"

Please, for the sake of humanity, stop.

I am not alone in my disgust:
http://www.hercampus.com/style/catwalk-campus/just-say-no-wearing-leggings-pants

There are plenty out there who agree.

Or maybe I should start wearing a robe and calling it a dress.

(And no, Casey, I'm not referring to you on Halloween. That was different.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes. This. Every time I see someone doing this, I want to say to her (because it's always a her): "Please research 'Pants, proper deployment of.'"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I can no longer blog because I just died of laughter.

    ReplyDelete