Monday, March 4, 2013

My weekend thoughts

So, this weekend I met my mom and step-dad in Orange County to dine with my fabulous grandparents. I super duper love my grandparents.

Well, while on this weekend excursion I had a bunch of interesting/fun things happen that I thought I would put here.

#1 - My grandma, the circus animal tamer

My grandma doesn't much love animals. She always threatening to kill my cats. We all know, though, that is is a front and that she's actually a super-secret animal lover.

So, she's been complaining about this squirrel who hides nuts in her yard. She calls him Fatso. (He's fat.) For awhile he had a wife she calls Skinny Bitch. (She's skinny.) Let me tell you, it's hilarious to hear my grandmother say this name every single time. And apparently Skinny Bitch is now out of the picture.


(This is not Fatso. I wish it was.)

Let's keep in mind that I have never, ever seen this squirrel. But now Fatso seems to do somersaults on the lawn. This is a new thing for him and he seems to do it quite frequently. I really, really want to see this.

The other animal story from my grandmother is directly out of a Stephen King novel. She says that a bunch of crows landed in her yard and practiced marching. She swears that they even marched into a circular formation and that a leader would tell the other crows what to do. She said throughout the 20 minutes or so that this happened the leader would periodically change.

Please keep in mind that she did not take a picture of this and my grandpa is blind so he cannot back her up.

She does acknowledge that this sounds crazy.

#2 - Andes mints are a lot better when they are free

We went to Olive Garden for lunch. They give you Andes mints. I love Andes from Olive Garden. I have only purchased them once on my own and they just weren't the same. They're better when they are free.

#3 - Everyone's tired of the sequester

My step-dad works for the Marines. He's a retired Marine and now works as a civilian on base. He is going to have to be furloughed because of the sequester cuts. I asked him if he was upset about having an extra day off. He said no, he was pretty happy about it. I asked him if anyone was upset. He said no. No one he had talked to was upset. He said that people were concerned about where they were going to get the money they needed to cover their bills but that no one was upset about and extra day off. He said that mostly people were just tired of the whole thing.

I think that pretty much sums up the government right now - people are just tired of the whole thing.


So there you have it. There are my stories about this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment