Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sign this petition!

I worked retail. It sucks. It especially sucks around the holidays. Hours are long and when you should be spending time with your family you are working.

Well, some retailers are taking it too far. Many retailers are opening earlier and earlier, and now some are even opening on Thanksgiving.

I already boycott Walmart for so many reasons but now Target is in on it too.

*Gasp* Target? Really? One of the main loves of my life? Why?

It looks like Target is set to open at 8pm this Thanksgiving and I don't think it's right. People have to travel and cook and prepare. People need to enjoy their time with their families.

We get so few opportunities as a society to enjoy family time.

Yes, I would love to shop on Thanksgiving night. Yes, it's going to be hard for me not to do so. I LOVE to shop. Love to shop and love Target and love low prices. So I get why people do it.

But the responsibility to treat employees fairly should come from the business. Money doesn't mean everything.

For years companies like Nordstrom have taken a stand and said that they want their families to enjoy the holidays. I really respect that. And I want to respect Target for the same thing.

So, help me help Target do what's right. Sign this petition.


And if you so desire, sign these too.



http://www.change.org/petitions/best-buy-target-walmart-sears-corp-stop-thanksgiving-night-black-friday-sales#share



No comments:

Post a Comment