Monday, November 5, 2012

You have got to be kidding me

Can someone please explain to me why I'm supposed to feel bad for this woman?

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/wild-dogs-kill-2-year-old-who-fell-into-zoo-exhibit-660660/

Yes, I feel bad for the kid. That's horrible. And I feel bad for the dog. Also horrible. But the woman? No.

According to multiple reports the woman lifted her kid up on the railing and let him go.

I repeat :

LET

HIM

GO

And the kid fell in and got eaten.




How is this not negligence? How is this not manslaughter?
Why is it that when a mom leaves her kids in a hot car it's a crime but in other dangerous situations I'm supposed to feel badly for her?

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure she's going to feel bad forever. SHE SHOULD. When you kill your own kid because you're an idiot you SHOULD feel badly forever.

Yet people feel sorry for her.

Yes, accidents happen. And I feel terribly when they do. But this to me seems like more than a simple accident.

(And yes. I am knocking on wood that when I have kids I don't do anything incredibly stupid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment