Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anthropologie

I know I'm supposed to be all biting and acerbic in my blog but I actually just had a REALLY good experience.

My dad bought me some pants at Anthropologie for Christmas. Because they were from Anthropologie they were expensive. I never buy expensive clothes. Well, I've worn them three times and the left leg seam started to come undone. I was annoyed.

Now, normally I wouldn't do anything but I now sit next to this girl, Sarah, at work. I hear her all the time forcing retailers to take responsibility for their actions. I was inspired by Sarah. So, I emailed the company and told them my tale of woe. Soon, I received an email saying that they couldn't do anything but I could return the pants at any store location. That made me mad. I never asked for the pants to be returned. I asked to have them repaired. So, I emailed (angrily) right back and said that I wasn't going out of my way to return pants that I don't even want to return.

One day later I received an email from the store manager from which my pants came. The email apologized and asked me to call so I can get my pants fixed. I called. This manager, Jennifer, was extremely nice. She apologized and asked if I had talked to a tailor. I had and said I found two places, one for $15 and one for $8 but I liked the $15 place better. She said that was no problem and that she would return the pants and resell them to me at $30 cheaper due to my inconvenience. I asked how that would work since my dad paid cash. She said that would be no problem and would take care of it on my debit card and mail me the receipt.

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this experience. I haven't had service like this in a very long time. Needless to say, I will be going back to Anthropologie to shop. Thanks, Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment