Friday, January 20, 2012

Betty Rocker

My husband has been calling me Betty Rocker for a few years now.


We have been together for almost 10 years. When we met I was a young girl full of punk rock venom. I had piercings and tattoos and would never dream of giving up my pair of Chucks for a pair of high heels. And my specialty in the kitchen was Top Ramen.


Well, in 10 years things have changed. I now bake a mean carrot cake from scratch. Hell, I bake a mean anything from scratch. I cook to ease stress. I have 60-some-odd pairs of heels. One of my dreams is to learn to sew. I love crafts and gardening. I have no more piercings. 


But I do have a lot more tattoos! And I still love punk and I have a natural distrust of authority. Because of this I have been dubbed Betty Rocker.


Because I work in the fashion and beauty industry I need to stay on top of trends. So, I read magazines like Elle. Well, last night I was reading Elle and this is what I saw:


MY nickname!! Mainstream! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment